This Thai quinoa is the perfect mix-up from your normal quinoa dish. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and vegan. It is perfect for making extra and packing in the fridge to use as a side when needed. Simply reheat and go. This recipe can also be eaten on its own as a main meal. Regardless of how you choose to enjoy, the coconut milk in this dish creates a creamy flavorful texture mixed with the red peppers that you will be craving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup dry roasted quinoa
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Rinse quinoa.
- Bring coconut milk and water to a boil.
- Add quinoa, salt, and garlic.
- Bring back to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in red peppers and sesame oil.
- Let sit covered for 5 minutes then serve.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Add in whatever greens you would like to this mix such as arugula, romaine, cilantro or something else you love. You can also create a salad out of this by adding extra greens and using one of Soul Brasil's flavorsome dressings such as the Organic Uba Mango Vinegar, the Organic Guava Infused Vinegar, or the Organic Acerola Infused Vinegar. In addition, you can add some additional vitamins and minerals with Passion4Life's liquid supplement.