Roasted Cauliflower with Millet
Get your veggies in with this roasted cauliflower recipe. Perfect as a side dish, main meal, or as a mix in to other recipes. The millet added to this creates an additional texture that maintains your satiety for longer and keeps this dish interesting. This roasted cauliflower is versatile and you can change how you use it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, florets only
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup millet
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp umeboshi vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Toss the cauliflower florets into a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, wash the grains.
- Bring water to a boil and add grains and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and garlic.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes until grains are cooked and water is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off and let sit, covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, umeboshi vinegar, and a bit more olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- For extra rich and delicious mash, roast garlic cloves in olive oil over low heat while the grains cook.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Clean up your dishes using a non-toxic dish soap bar. This bar is better for the environment, smells great, and lathers well on dishes. Also try making this cauliflower as a main meal and paring it with The Dancing Elephant's butternut karma kitchari pre-mix. This dinner mix can be eaten on the side, or you can mix in the cauliflower with it to create a yummy dinner bowl.