Nori Ginger Tofu Scramble
Tofu scramble is the perfect vegan alternative to scrambled eggs, or just a switch up from your normal breakfast! Tofu is cost effective and just needs a little seasoning to get it tasting just right. Always remember to squeeze or press the water out of your tofu for the best texture.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 full sheets nori
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 tsps freshly grated ginger
- 3 tsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tsps tamari
- Sea salt to taste
- Using scissors, cut the nori sheets into very thin one-inch strips.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Break the tofu into several pieces. Squeeze the water from each piece, feel free to do this over the sink or onto a paper towel, then crumble the tofu and add to the pan. Simmer for a few minutes until the tofu is heated.
- Stir in the nori, ginger, nutritional yeast and tamari. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until fully heated through. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds for added flavor.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Replace the nori with other leafy greens such as arugula, kale, or spinach for a great flavor combo. Before you enjoy this for breakfast, take a liquid vitamin nutrient booster shot. Click here for this one by Passion 4 Life that provides energy and nutrients!