This anti-inflammatory smoothie has all the health benefits. The kefir contains nutrients and probiotics that help to keep maintain a healthy gut. Turmeric root is an anti-oxidant, is rich in minerals like iron, and boosts skin health. Give your body a refresh with this nutrient rich smoothie that will leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Prep Notes: When preparing smoothies don't think about exact measurements, think ratios.
• 1 C liquid
• 2 handfuls of fruit (fresh or frozen)
• 2 handfuls of tender greens or chopped vegetables
• Optional add-in's (superfoods such as protein powder, collagen, seeds, herbs, spices) – usually a tbsp of one or two, don’t add too many at once.
Cooking Time: 1-2 minutes in a blender
Yields: 1 serving - double ratios for more servings
- 1 cup kefir (of your choice, preferably plain and unsweetened)
- 1 peeled fresh organic turmeric root
- 1 organic banana
- 1-2 organic dates (you can put more, it depends how sweet you want the smoothie)
- 2- 3 medium organic strawberries
- 5 organic raspberries
- Blend and drink or eat with a spoon if it’s too thick.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Supplement with this smoothie with the Passion 4 Life liquid D3,K12,Omega3 dropper. This vitamin compound helps to support bone and muscle health.