Oatmeal Pancakes or Waffles
Enjoy these delicious pancakes or waffles as a meal or snack at any time of the day! Use gluten-free oats for an alternative to normal flour. These pancakes can be topped with all of your favorites to make it the perfect dish for you. They light, fluffy, and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps oil
- Place all ingredients except oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand 15-20 minutes until batter thickens.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add a little water.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by 1/4 - 1/2 cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For waffles: pour into a heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.
- Try adding chopped walnuts to the pancake batter.
- Try topping with raw honey, maple syrup, raw almond, or peanut butter, jam, chia seeds, shredded coconut, or fresh fruit.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Enjoy these pancakes with your morning cup of coffee using our Ceramic Tea Mug!