Nutty Chocolate Crispies
Nutty Chocolate crispes are the perfect dessert for those with a sweet tooth. These tasty bars only require a few ingredients and very few cooking skills. The crunchy texture of the rice crispies mixed with the sweetness of the other ingredients offers a great flavor combination that is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 12 Servings
- 1 cup date syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup barley malt sweetened chocolate chips or chocolate chips of your choice
- 3 cups brown rice crispies cereal
- Grease a baking dish with neutral flavored oil (or butter if preferred).
- Add the syrup and almond butter to a large skillet.
- Heat over low heat until creamy.
- Stir to combine well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until they melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice crispies.
- Gently press into a baking dish and allow mixture to set until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
You can substitute other types of baking chips (like white chocolate or toffee) for a different flavor. Be aware that different baking chips may lead to slight variations in texture.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Try using some of our organic 70% dark chocolate to mix in or melt and drizzle on the top. Also top with shredded coconut flakes or mix in your favorite nuts as something extra. Walnuts, peanuts, and macadamia nuts make great additions.