Vegan Turmeric Pancake
This turmeric pancake recipe is a great way to pack in some extra antioxidants with inflammatory reducing turmeric. These pancakes can be loaded with all sorts of toppings, but coconut yogurt, hemp seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes and fresh apricots are crowd favorites. Enjoy this enhanced pancake recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 cup plant based milk (I like to use almond milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp organic rolled oats
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 piece peeled organic turmeric root
- 2 tsp baking soda
- coconut oil or avocado oil
- In a blender, milk, flour, sugar, salt, oats, wheat germ, vanilla and turmeric. Blend until smooth. Add baking soda and blend on medium for 30 seconds.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Garnish Options: cinnamon, sliced bananas, sliced strawberries or apricots, jam, maple syrup, yogurt, sprinkle with hemp seeds
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Mix in pieces of Elements Truffles Orange Quinoa with Turmeric Chocolate Bar for extra flavor and an added sweetness. Cut the bar into pieces and add to the batter once on the griddle. Also add in some liquid supplements with a Vitamin D, Omega 3, and Vitamin K2 dropper for extra nutrients. You can put this into the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
Credit: Wanda Malhotra