Grilled Asparagus with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce and Crispy Rosemary
Asparagus have a long list of nutritional benefits and are a great source of vitamins A, C, and K. Topped with rosemary and a creamy sweet potato sauce- this dish is one for the books. Sweet potatoes are also packed with vitamins C and A for a nutrient rich powerhouse, as well as beta carotene for good skin health. This delicious sauce takes this side meal to whole new level.
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Soak cashews in filtered water for four hours or overnight.
- Rinse asparagus and sweet potatoes and cube sweet potatoes. Break off tough asparagus ends.
- Bring three cups of salted water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes first, then the asparagus.
- Remove asparagus after three minutes and transfer to plate.
- Allow sweet potato to simmer for five more minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate.
- Add sweet potato, soaked cashews, coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper to blender and blend on high until creamy. Add water if too thick.
- Bring olive oil to medium-high heat in pan and sear asparagus for 3–5 minutes on each side, until slightly charred.
- Rinse and pat dry rosemary and add to pan after you remove asparagus.
- Cook rosemary for a minute or less, just until crispy but not burnt.
- Ladle sauce over asparagus and top with rosemary.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Add some additional vitamins and nutrients to the blender with the rest of the ingredients using the Passion 4 Life D3 K12 Omega3 Supplement. Place your hot pans from this recipe on a stylish Wooden Trivet.
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016