Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
You can really never go wrong with a Caesar salad. For a new twist, try vegan-izing this crowd pleasing salad by making an egg and dairy free dressing to go with it. This dressing contains tofu for some added protein, almonds for healthy fats, and lemon juice for antioxidants.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: n/a
Yields: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp caper brine
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until crumbly and place in an airtight container.
- Blend garlic, tofu and oil in the food processor until creamy.
- Add lemon juice, capers, caper brine and mustard powder and pulse until blended.
- Add mixture to the almonds and whisk to combine.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Ditch the croutons and top your salad with Yoga Pops popper water lily seeds. This healthy snack is the perfect gluten-free replacement. Yoga Pops are an ayruvedic super seed known for its their health benefits. Also mix in some additional vitamins with the Passion 4 Life dropper.