Traditional Bulgarian Salad
The perfect summertime salad. The refreshing cucumber and juicy tomatoes make this recipe pop with colors. This salad not only looks good, but it also tastes good. Enjoy at any time of the year, but it is especially vibrant and revitalizing in the summer. The feta cheese in this recipe makes all the ingredients come-together in our opinion, but replace with any other cheese if you desire as well. Option to also add in yellow bell peppers for more sweetness and flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 English cucumber
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup ume plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Wash and pat dry cucumber, tomatoes, and parsley. If not organic or if you prefer a milder flavor, peel cucumbers.
- Slice the cucumber into rounds. Dice tomatoes, green onions, and parsley.
- Transfer all ingredients to large bowl and toss with olive oil, vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper.
- If desired, top with feta cheese and serve.
Crunchy Mama Tip: Enjoy a Sugar-free functional iced tea with this meal. This drink sustains you with energy, is organic and vegan, and contains nothing artificial. The perfect drink to pair with this meal. Also try topping this with some of Soul Brasil Cuisine's yummy sauces such as the Organic Guava Infused Vinegar or the Organic Uba Mango Vinegar, both of which make for great salad dressings on this recipe or another.
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016