Raw Chocolate- Almond Butter Cups
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 1 cup raw almonds, ground
- 2 tbsps raw almond butter
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3 tbsps quinoa flakes, ground
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan
- Whisk cacao powder into coconut oil in double boiler until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add salt and vanilla extract. Set aside in bowl.
- Grind almonds and quinoa flakes in food processor and add to bowl.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Combine well with spoon until thick paste forms.
- Line small muffin tray with paper cups.
- Drizzle one tablespoon chocolate into the bottom of each liner then freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from freezer and top with one teaspoon almond mixture then another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Return to freezer after 20–30 minutes or until mixture is firm.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Crunchy Mama Tip: Add in some of Passion 4 Life's Vitamin D3, K12, Omega3 droppers to the mix for added nutrients. Clean your dishes from this recipe with our Kitchen Essentials kit that contains everything you need- zero waste dish soap, a knitted dish cloth, and a dish scrubber. This super cute set is very useful, stylish, and eco-friendly!
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016