Labor Day Delight: Chocolate Cherry Cake
As we honor workers and enjoy a well-deserved break, this dessert adds sweetness to your festivities.
Join us in exploring this delightful treat for Labor Day joy.
FOR THE BOTTOM LAYER:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour or Organic Ragi Flour (Gluten Free option)
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup of plant based milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (you can use white vinegar if thats what you have)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (vanilla also works)
- 1 heaping cup of fresh cherries, pitted and halved*
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chunks
FOR THE TOP LAYER:
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour or Organic Ragi Flour (Gluten Free option)
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter or coconut oil, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9″ round cake pan (you can also use square) with parchment paper for easy removal and grease the paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, brown sugar, baking soda + powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: plant based milk, oil, vinegar, and extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until just combined.
- Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping: flour, coconut sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter or coconut oil. Mix together until fully combined.
Using your hands, crumble the topping over the batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes. The top should be a nice golden brown color and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. let cool slightly and ENJOY!
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Pair your Chocolate Cherry Cake with a delightful twist – complement it with our diverse selection of healthy beverages. Whether you crave a refreshing sip, a cup of coffee, hot or iced tea, or a functional energy boost, explore our website to discover the perfect beverage to accompany your treat. Happy Labor Day! Let's bake and celebrate!