Amaranth and Polenta Porridge
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 tbsps honey
- 1/4 cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
- Put the water into a pot with the salt.
- Bring saltwater to a boil.
- Add the polenta and amaranth.
- Reduce heat and simmer, cover for about 30 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add in cranberries and stir.
- When porridge is soft and creamy, remove from heat.
- Add pine nuts, honey, and milk and enjoy!
Crunchy Mama Tip:
Add some of your favorite toppings such as strawberries, blueberries, or pumpkin seeds as something extra.
Also enjoy in the morning with Chiriqui Chill, Coffeka's Signature Coffee blend made in Panama- home to some of the highest quality and richest tasting coffee.