Creamy Asparagus Soup
Getting bored with asparagus? Try making something new with it. This creamy asparagus soup uses this vegetable in a unique way that you still get all the nutritional benefits from. This dish tastes delicious and is good for you!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4-5 servings
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 large yellow onion
- 5 stalks celery
- 3 cups vegetable stock (organic, homemade, and/or boxed)
- ¼ cup minced thyme
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice onion.
- Wash celery and asparagus and pat dry and then chop into ¼-inch pieces (save the asparagus tips, grill them in olive oil and throw them as "croutons" when the soup is ready).
- Bring olive oil to medium heat in large pot and add onion.
- Cook for five minutes until caramelized.
- Add celery and asparagus and cook for seven more minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme and combine well.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy.
- Garnish with thyme.
Crunchy Mama Tip: Toss on some Popped Water Lily Seeds as a crunchy topping to this dish instead of crackers or croutons. This will crunch and flavor. Also enjoy some melt in your mouth chocolate truffles for dessert after this nutrient packed meal. In addition, add in some Vitamin D3, K12, and Omega 3 drops to supplement this meal if needed.
Credit: Used with permission from The Integrative Nutrition Cookbook, 2016